Monday 21 July 2008

I love IQ puzzles!

I had this puzzle from my parents-in-law last Christmas because they know that I enjoy solving them (and can be quite stubborn sometimes by not giving up unless it's extremely difficult).


"Very difficult" it says. We'll see about that.


I didn't really make time since last Christmas to try to solve this one, so had just kept it away. However, a couple of days ago, I heard it taunting me: "Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah - Sheila can't solve me, Sheila can't solve me!" so I decided to settle this challenge once and for all.



Out of the box it came. The challenge is to arrange the bricks so that they become a dice again. And yes, I did time myself on this.


Tada! Done in 8 minutes :o). What, you don't believe me?


The time on our camera is actually still showing Australian time...but that doesn't matter. What matters here, is the start time.


And here, end time - 8 mins.


Just like dice again.


Showing all sides...


Anyway, did you know that the plural of "dice" is "die"? But it does sound funny to say "throw 2 die", doesn't it? I guess that's why "dices" is a word that is accepted too... .

Do you know the 1 puzzle I'll like to solve before I die? The Rubik Cube!



The problem is, I don't have one to try to solve. Not yet, at least. My birthday is coming soon. Anybody want to get me one ;o)???