Thursday 4 October 2007

Facebook - connecting people

I suppose most of you up-with-the-times people are already "in tuned" with this Facebook craze, but I only started becoming a member just about a month ago after receiving an invitation from a friend. I'm a rather passive member, though. I keep getting invitions to join this social utility and that social utility and usually, I just oblige, create a profile and then forget all about it.

I realised how "behind in the times" I was with Facebook when I took a peak in my 17 year old sister, Claudia's, profile and saw that she's been a member of it since March!!! But then again, we working adults have more important things to do with our time like ruling the world than putting up active profiles in Facebook ;o). Students have too much time - they should be given more homework and assignments!!! *evil laugh* Hmm...maybe their teachers are active Facebook members too, that's why... .

Anyway, despite that I am not a very active member on Facebook, I must say that it really does connect people as it claims to do... . I have recently reconnected with 3 Singaporean ex-classmates and an ex-lecturer from my tourism management class whom I had lost touch with at least 7 years ago! We used to hang out quite a lot together before when I was still in Singapore, but over the years after I moved to Denmark, email changed, mobile numbers changed, contact information got lost...and I had often wondered how they're doing and had wished I could meet up again with them whenever I touchdown in Singapore.

Thanks to Facebook, we're reconnected again :o). 2 of them are now married, 1 of them is a new father and 1 is based in Shanghai. Yeah, a lot of things can happen in 7 years... .

Anyway...I've been a bit more active in Facebook the last few days because of my reconnection with these friends. Will see how long this novelty will last for me, though. I kinda prefer my blog , so if I get too active on Facebook, that would mean less time in my blogosphere... .

For my readers who are already my friends on Facebook, I apologise if I don't send back flowers or chocolates or whatever else that can be sent via Facebook to you guys... . All the applications there are quite overwhelming....and I kinda prefer my "book" not to get too cluttered so I don't always add the application in order to send back stuff ;o). I try to now and then, but I tend to mostly just stick to wall posts and messages in my in-box. I know, I'm a really boring member/friend. Go ahead and sue me ;oP.