Thursday 25 October 2007

Swimming like a mermaid... .

I finally pulled myself together today and went swimming. I can't play tennis during this cold season since the outdoor courts are closed, and the indoor courts are very limited, not to mention, pricey to book. Therefore, swimming seems to be the only sport whereby I do not need to commit to for 1 year, unlike dance aerobics in the fitness club (which I'd actually like to do but without that long commitment to it).

So yeah...I tried out swimming today at DGI-Byen, and since the water was not that cold at all (28 deg C), I think I'll go ahead and buy the 3-month card and start swimming twice a week :o). I did 10 laps today (1km), so that's a good start. Will just suffer the aches on my body on Saturday then.

Funny how our body usually aches only the day after, isn't it? I mean, it gives you this false hope that maybe this time, you managed to trick it into thinking that it had always been doing exercises. And then BAM! The day after, you just feel like a truck had hit you hard and your body mockingly goes "Naah, naah, naah, naah, naah -I gotcha...again! Sucker."

Hmm...I actually now remember another culture shock today after my swim... . I will go update my previous post on it. But yeah - stay healthy, people! We've only got 1 body, so be good to it... .