Tuesday 26 February 2008

3 more days till summer!

Not summer in Denmark, but "summer" in tropical Singapore!!! 28 deg C every day there, as opposed to 5 deg C here :o)! Can't wait to put on my "summer" clothes, because I am SO bored with my winter wear!

Seriously, picking out what to wear every day before going to work is becoming more of a reflex now. I mean, I don't even need to think about it anymore (which is maybe a good thing in a way because it saves time). Basically, it goes like this:

Monday = jeans + red sweater.
Tuesday = jeans + brown sweater.
Wednesday = black pants + Monday's red sweater.
Thursday = black pants + gray sweater.
Friday = jeans + Thursday's gray sweater.

The week after, same thing; with a bit more rotation of who gets matched up with whom. 1 word x 3: BORING! BORING! BORING!

So in just a few days' time, NO MORE JEANS! NO MORE PANTS! NO MORE SWEATERS! NO MORE SOCKS! NO MORE WINTER JACKET! NO MORE GLOVES! NO MORE SCARVES! NO MORE UNDERWEAR!!! No, just kidding; I will still have underwear, of course. Hmm...actually, you shouldn't even need to know if I will still wear that or not. Maybe it'll get so hot that I'll decide not to...ok, ok - I think I had better change the subject now ;oP.

Anyway...have not started packing yet, but have done the main practical things like buying Singapore dollars (we're NOT going without cold hard cash this time), have bought gifts, have paid the bills, had cleaned up the apartment, etc, etc. So yeah, packing is the final step, and will do that Friday since there's not much to pack anyway. I mean, if I don't bring enough clothes and shoes, that would give me a valid reason to shop for new ones, right ;o)? So why pack so much ;o)?

But yeah, I'm looking forward to show my parents-in-law my homeland for the very 1st time, and I'm looking forward to see many friends whom I've not seen in years / decades (but because of Facebook...), and I'm looking forward to YUMMY Singaporean FOOD, and I'm looking forward to a GREAT experience in Australia! 1 month of pure vacation! Somebody please make time slow down... .

Oh, and for all you people stuck here in Denmark, here's my wish: please let there be SNOW, SNOW, SNOW and MORE SNOW every day in March!!! MUUUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I mean seriously, what's the point for me to go to a warm country during winter season if it's not to escape a horrible winter, right ;oP?

Oki...gotta go to bed now. Am going to fetch Caryn and her family at the airport tomorrow morning (which also means no more car for me to drive around anymore...boo hoo), so yeah, have to get my beauty sleep now.