Tuesday 29 January 2008

Tuesday blues

For those having a regular Monday to Friday, 9-5 job, you know what Monday blues are. Call it Monday blues, or Maniac Monday...it doesn't change the fact that it's always difficult to get back to work on Monday after the weekend, whether or not you've had an exhausting one or a relaxing one.

Well, my Mondays are no longer blue for me! Not for the next 3 Mondays at least, plus yesterday. I have every Monday off till the 2nd last week of February :o). Have to use up my overtime hours, so instead of taking a compact 1 week off from work, I will spread them out nicely so that I get a 4 day work-week and 3 day weekend instead. This will be my 3rd time spreading out my overtime/vacation days like that, and I tell you, it's FANTASTIC! Especially during the winter month of February when it's supposed to be the coldest/most depressing.

So no more Monday blues for me! I'll be stuck with Tuesday blues instead, but it's not as bad as Monday blues, since Tuesday is actually closer to the weekend than Monday ;o).

My 1st Monday off was quite a productive one, I think. Had intended to get up at 11-ish, but kinda drifted in and out of sleep until 13:30hrs. Had breakfast/brunch, and then started WORKING right away! As in, cleaning up the apartment. Vacuuming every little corner, cleaning the bathroom, the toilet, dusting...it was hard work! Was supposed to try out boxing at the fitness centre in the evening together with Wagma, but it was cancelled because Wagma had something coming up in the end, so cleaning the apartment was my alternative workout (and a very useful one too).

I want to make this official: my vacuum cleaner is FIRED! Yes, fired. It's not the sucker it used to be. Instead of doing its work obediently, it has been acting up lately. Whenever I pull out its extension wire, it keeps retracting it back to a point that it takes extra effort for me to pull it around to far ends of the room. It's been on strike like this for some time now, and I have been pushing off the decision to fire it for as long as I can bear. I mean, compared to other working members in the House of Love, this sucker has it easy by only needing to work once a month, yet it's being defiant.

See what mean?


After 10mins, wire becomes shorter.


Therefore, enough is enough. Its last day was yesterday, and since I now have a car at my disposal for the next 5 weeks (the reward of dropping off vacationing friends at the airport), you can be sure that I am going out to buy a brand new sucker.

Anyway...after the hours of cleaning the apartment, and then myself (shower), it became evening already so I decided to couch out and watch a movie until hubby returned home from work. An off day, gone just like that... .

I really need to try getting up earlier on my days off...just so I can enjoy them longer... .