Saturday 6 September 2008

George Michael - The Final One!

This post is quite overdue, but George Michael was performing his final tour concert in Copenhagen last Saturday (30 Aug), and I went to see him!!! Yes, I'm talking about the George Michael - the guy who gave us "Faith", "Freedom", "Careless Whisper"...and "Last Christmas".

Btw, did you realise that he made a grammatical error in his "Careless Whisper" song? The part where he sings "Guilty feet have got no rhythm". Notice? It should be "Guilty feet has got no rhythm". Oh well, he's British so English is of course not his 1st language... .

Anyway, it was a GREAT concert! One of the best concerts I've ever been too! A couple of people from my group were slightly disappointed that he didn't sing "Last Christmas" though. Nevermind that he was performing in August, and Christmas isn't until...well, December.

Speaking of "Last Christmas", George said that he is going to release a new Christmas single this year. Not sure how that's going to compete against "Last Christmas", but we'll find out soon enough. I mean, do you remember any Christmases in your life when you didn't hear "Last Christmas"? I'm pretty sure that even if you are on the moon, you'll be hearing "Last Christmas" in your space shuttle.

He won't be retiring yet though, so no worries to George's fans. He's just not going to do a world tour again (or so he says), but he'll still write songs and perform. I mean, he's only 45 years old, so why would he stop "working"?

Oh well, just in case he doesn't make a comeback tour in the future, I'm glad to have heard the man live at last. My expensive ticket was very much worth it :o).

Careless Whisper - he really does say "feet have".