Sunday 31 August 2008

My dreams can come true...

...and when they do, it can be quite spooky sometimes.

This was a text message I had sent to a dear friend approximately 2 weeks ago (names changed to keep the couple anonymous):

Recipient: +45XXXXXXXX
Time: Saturday, 16-08-2008 14:46
Text: Jane! Are you pregnant??? I dreamt last night tht u were around 6 months pregnant when we went to visit u and Jack! Maybe it's a sign ;-).

Sender: +45XXXXXXXX
Time: Saturday, 16-08-2008 15:35
Text: Ha :-) i don't think your dream is true:-) in 2 yrs we are not planning to have the ''3th'' one to disturbing our 2 world:-).....Hug/jane

Well, I decided to keep the message I had sent her for at least 3 to 4 months because I had a strong feeling my dream would come true in due time. The reason for this strong feeling was because one such dream I had did come to pass.

You see, back in around October 2005, I dreamt that a colleague of mine was pregnant. I told her my dream, and she said no, she wasn't pregnant, but she'd like to be. I was in Brazil in Dec 2005/Jan 2006 for 3 weeks, and when I came back to work, I noticed that her belly looked bigger than usual.

As I didn't want to risk offending her about her big belly in case she still wasn't pregnant, I asked another colleague of mine, who confirmed that she was pregnant with her 1st child! "Damn!" I thought, "My dream did come true!" She was 4 months pregnant by that time, which meant that I dreamt about her pregnancy just before she knew it herself or just before she actually conceived!

Spooky, huh? But that could just as well be a one-off coincidence. Nevertheless, it was a "dream record" for me to remember, so when I vividly dreamt of Jane's pregnancy 2 weeks ago, I woke up thinking "Another pregnancy dream! Let's see if this one comes true too!"

So you can see why I decided to keep the message I had sent to Jane as a record of the date I dreamt this, and then wait to see if it really will come true within 3-4 months as I believed it would.

Guess what? I didn't need to wait that long to get the confirmation ;o). When I checked my email yesterday, I received a mail from Jane with the subject: "Your dream is true....:-)" It made my heart beat fast.

Here's an extract of the mail:

From: Jane
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:39:58 AM


I was sick since last 3 dags...but I did not think about it was this happened :-) I could not do anything. at beginning I thought stay home for relaxing then I will be better. but until yesterday still I did not feel better. so Jack took me to see the doctor. and I was told that I am PREGNANT. I was surprised. then I back the day Sheila sent the message and asked me if I am pregnant. and I told you (Sheila) no...hahahahaah. I can't belive. it effectived by your dream..:-)

Spooky, huh? 2 pregnancy dreams involving 2 specific people and both came to pass just before the soon-to-be 1st time mums knew it themselves. Coincidence again? Probably, but you'd have to agree that the odds against this are very high. If it happens a 3rd time, you can be sure I will strike "coincidence" off the list and call it...hmm, what should I call it? A gift in pregnancy predictions ;o)?

Anyway, it's good to have nice dreams coming true. Dreams of life! I wouldn't want to be dreaming of deaths and having those dreams come true. Imagine dreaming vividly that a friend or relative is going to die, and it comes true. Would you actually be the messenger of death and tell this person your dream to prepare him/her for it? In Chinese superstition, you should always tell someone (not the subject, though - too sensitive) about such dreams to prevent it from happening. But what if you tell someone and it still comes true? Would you be blamed for that death despite how bizzare that sounds?

Hmm...I guess if I ever dream of such dreams, I'll just keep my mouth shut and pray on behalf of that person that it doesn't come true. I've dreamt of my own near-death before - being chased by ailens who were having a war against the human race ;o). I still remember it quite clearly, also the part when I had time to make just one phone call to say goodbye to a loved one, and I was deciding between Martin and someone else - my mum, probably. I called Martin. Good thing though, I managed to escape death in that dream, so it ended well after all.

Well, so far it's just my pregnancy dreams coming true, so I look forward to see who I'm going to dream about being pregnant next. Hopefully *not* myself ;o). And no, please don't come to me and beg me to dream about you being pregnant if that's what you want to be because I can't decide who I dream about ;oP. But if I do dream such of you, I will be sure to pass on the good news ;o).