Monday 25 August 2008

Harems on Facebook

Right...what should I do when some stranger (in this case, "Marc Leong") wants to add me as a friend on Facebook, and the kind of "friends" on his "friend's list" are like the below:


Click to enlarge. Last names erased to somewhat protect their identities.


Option 1: Join his harem.
Option 2: Make my own male version of a harem and invite him to join it (and I accept only profile pics where men are stripped down to their underwear OR have 6-packs to show off).
Option 3: Click "Ignore" and prays he gets a life.

Decisions, decisions... . Well, I think I'll do option 3 for now. Unfortunately, a secondary school classmate of mine had decided to join his harem, and this is the 2nd time that some stranger like him requests for my "friendship" and has her as a "mutual friend". Might be the same guy, can't remember. But if she's just going to add perverts like him to her currently 403 "friends", it's no wonder I keep getting such unwanted requests now and then. Grr... .

Seriously though, I don't understand why some women want to "sell themselves" cheap with the kind of profile pics that they have. Do men really dig that? The line between "sexy" and "slutty" is very thin, but sometimes you just need to open your eyes a little bigger and you'll be able to see that fine line.

As for men out there who have Facebook harems, please don't think that I'll be flattered when you try to add me to it. Arrogant as it may sound, I am in a class of my own, and unfortunately for you, I value myself far too much to want to be seen as one of your "female trophies".