Saturday 23 August 2008

Size and age are proportional

One thing about watching kids grow, is that it makes you feel so old. Especially if these kids are your own, or part of your family. It's hard to accept that my sister, Claudia, is now 18 years old and is legally an adult (in Denmark, at least). I want my kid sister back!!! The one who used to obey my every command... ;o).

The scary thing now is that although my youngest sister is still "only" 14, she's getting physically bigger and taller than me!!! I kid you not (pun not intended)! Check it out:

Have any of you actually seen my youngest sister when she was a toddler? Well, fast forward 12 years and this is what you get.


And here's Claudia, who is now way bigger than me.

But I actually don't mind at all that they are both getting bigger and taller than me. After all, being the smallest means being the youngest, so since I'm the smallest sister, it means I'm the youngest sister! I like the way I rationalise things.