Thursday 14 August 2008

:-D...entist

Was at the dentist today for my ½ yearly visit. Actually, I should have gone many months ago, but I had either kept pushing it, or conveniently forgetting about it.

However, since Toey, my summer helper at work, is going to stop next Tuesday, I thought I had better make that dental appointment so that I can leave the office for X amount of time during office hours to clean them. The time taken is included in our working hours anyway, but better if Toey can be there to handle things while I'm gone.

So today was D-day! I figured it would not take more than 1 hour, and I was right! It didn't. It took a record time of 20 mins! Woohoo! It was the fastest, cheapest, most painless visit to the dentist I've ever had! Mr Dentist was very pleased with my clean and hole-less pearlies, so he didn't need to spend much time doing extensive work :-D. And he thought it would now be enough if I visit him just once a year instead of twice a year. Double :-D!

However, there was a piece of bad news (yeah, otherwise it would've been too good to be true, right?). My wisdom tooth on my lower right jaw was starting to show. Actually, I'm not sure when it started popping its head out since I can't feel it nor see it if I don't look all the way in with lights and mirrors. And I had the same dentist "doing me" today as I had last September, but since he didn't point out my rearing wisdom tooth then, it must therefore mean that it had only started popping out between Sept 2007 and now.

It's only partially showing, but it's already growing in a weird position. Anyway, as long as I can remember to clean it to prevent holes from coming, then it should be ok. I hope. I mean, I'm not sure if it'll continue to grow (hopefully not), so there could still be problems later on anyway if the space in my mouth is not enough to accommodate it.

Oh well...I guess I am becoming wiser as I grow older. That's what the wisdom tooth is for, right? To help us get wiser? Otherwise, what's the point?