Friday 13 February 2009

To hell and back on Friday the 13th.

I thought I would never step into a piercing studio again, not after my last experience there. However, approximately 6 months later, I'm back at it again! On Friday the 13th, to be exact. Have I become addicted to piercing? Like, those people who start out with one, and end up with a hundred... .

Well, not quite. Thing is, the 1st belly button piercing I had didn't turn out good in the end. Nothing was infected at all, so that was a relief for me. However, I was not happy about it because it turned out to be shorter than the standard length! The piercing was only 8mm long, while the standard was 11mm!

Did it matter? Yes, it did! Especially after I had spent X amount of money on loads of new belly button jewellery, and was eager to try them on, only to discover that they were too long for me. Believe me, it's quite a huge difference... .


New jewellery above and the one that was used for my piercing below.


So yeah...with 32 pieces of new jewellery already bought (online - cheap, cheap) that I couldn't use because my hole length was too short, I decided to do a re-piercing, even if I had to walk through hell and back again like the last time. Oh, and of course spend money on it again.


Just annoying that it wasn't done right the first time though. I mean sure, I was the one who chose the piece of 8mm jewellery while at the studio, but how was I to know that they come in different lengths, and that the standard was 11mm?!? the piercer could have at least told me about that....but no... . Looking back, I should not have done it with someone who didn't have any piercings on himself anyway. He had tattoos, but no piercings, so though he might be a good tattoo artist, he was definitely not a good piercer.


Anyway, here are pics from the 2nd time around. I was pierced by Muffe, the boss...and he is really quite a walking advertisement for his profession... .


Cleaning up with antiseptic.


Marking the spot for where the hole should be.


Making sure it's aligned properly.


Preparation - both him and me.


It was still quite nerve-wreaking even though I had done it before. I guess for me, it was also because of what had happened after the piercing that 1st time.


Done! It was surprising less painful this time! I'll go as far as to say barely any pain at all. No throbbing feeling like last time either, and I didn't feel faint in the least bit.


10/10 for Muffe! And yes, he does have those devil horns thingies in this forehead, if you wanna click on this pic for a closer look. His tongue is also slit into two like a snake... .


Standing up nice and steady after the piercing. Ok, I did have a bottle of coke with me as insurance in case I felt faint and needed to increase my sugar level, and I did lay still for about 5 mins after the piercing too.


Now you can really see the difference of the old and the new... .


The old again.

For those thinking of piercing, I don't recommend Tatto Liz for it. Go to Body Extremes instead, as I am now very satisfied with my re-piercing. Of course, it means that I'll have to take care of it again for the next 6 months, and that I can't change it to any of my new pieces either until then...but at least I'm more happy about it now :o).

So...what's next ;o)? No, this will really be the last piercing...I think ;o).


Update:
And isn't it funny that just after publishing this post, the visitor number to my blog looks like this: