Friday 23 November 2007

I got my haircut

My head really felt lighter after my haircut on Tuesday. I felt like I could fly! But I'm so happy to finally get rid of all the split-ends and dry ends. Swimming is a good sport....but man, the damage it does to your hair!


Anyway, the hairdresser I went to was a new one for me. In fact, he was the 1st Asian one I have tried here in Denmark after living here for more than 10 years. I should have discovered him before, so that I didn't have to worry about whether the expensive Danish hairdressers can handle my Asian hair or not... . Asian hair and European hair are really different, so they should be handled differently, and the cutting techniques would therefore also be different.


This hairdresser charged a very low price too, relatively speaking. 120 DKK (S$30) for cutting alone, which is VERY cheap considering that it's here in Denmark, and considering that he spent almost 1 freakin' hour to cut my hair! Is that value for money or what??? Some Danish hairdressers charge a crazy 300DKK (S$75) or 400 DKK (S$100) for just a cut! I don't believe in paying more than 200 DKK (S$50) for just a cut here in Denmark. Nah uh-uh... .


But seriously, 1 hour was a loooong time. My hair was long....and it's also thick, so the layered hairstyle I wanted didn't make a quick job possible if it should be done right. He really did it right, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it! He did say towards the end though, that his hand was ACHING after all the cutting ;o). Poor guy... .


The only complaint I have though, is that he had cut it shorter than I wanted him to :o(. Oh well, the good thing about hair is that it grows again, and mine grows quite fast so it's not at all a big complaint I have against him. Just that I can't wipe my ass with my hair anymore. Not that I did that before, but I mean, I had the possibility then if in an emergency; now I can't even try!


Overall, it was a job well done (5 stars at 2 stars price!), and I am now ready for Christmas and New Year festivities!!! Keep the party invitations coming in to me, guys! If you have a party but I don't know you (even though you "know" me just from my blog), I insist that you still send an invitation over ;o)!


And yes...here is a picture of the "new" me:



The pic is not really sharp, but it's the best one I've got right now...and I know you guys don't want to wait a few more days before seeing my new do ;o).