Friday 21 December 2007

I miss you already, Ivy!!!

Today is a very sad day for me :o(. It was Ivy's last day at work...it was her last day in Copenhagen, and it would most likely be her last day in Denmark. I knew that this day was coming soon for some time already, but it doesn't make it any less easier to say goodbye... .

Even though I felt really sad when Ivy went around to say goodbye at the office, I luckily had quite a lot of work to occupy my mind with after she left... . However, after leaving the office with a less occupied mind, the realisation of her departure really hit me hard. It was like someone had suddenly rammed his hand into my chest and took my heart out!

I was quite in tears when I arrived home...and Martin got kinda worried. He said later that he thought I had found out that I was pregnant or something....lol! Crazy hubby.

A couple of nights ago, I actually had a dream where I almost died during a war been man and aliens. In what I thought were going to be the last moments of my life, I made a call to Martin to tell him I loved him and to say goodbye. I managed to survive in the end though, so no bad ending after all.

A good friend of mine told me that dreaming of death is usually your subconcious telling you that something is going to end. The characters in the dream can usually just be representative of something, so Martin could for example represent love, or a kind of close relationship or friendship... .

In this context, it makes good sense. My friendship with Ivy is not going to end (never!), but it is the "togetherness" that has ended. I won't see her almost daily anymore, I won't talk as much with her, laugh with her, eat with her, shop with her, swim with her, work with her, dance with her, go to football matches with her, etc, etc... . And then saying goodbye to someone I love and care about just like in my dream... . Well, since my dream had been pretty spot on, then the good news is, I will survive this :o). Would "grieve" a few days....or weeks, I don't know....but in the end, life goes on.

On a more cheerful note, I have 2 good friends coming to visit in Copenhagen tomorrow :o)! Sandra will be the 1st to arrive, flying in from Singapore. Am looking SO much forward to see her again :o)! The 2nd is Christophe, who is taking the train up from Hamburg, Germany. Short visits, both of them...but definitely better than nothing.

Anyway Ivy....I know you read my blog....so I want to wish you all the best in the new chapter of your life, wherever you are :o). We'll still be in touch, of course....so I don't really have to write so much of "good luck" wishes as if I will never talk to you again ;o), but I want you to know that I love you more than your cowboy Esben loves you....no, just kidding - I'm sure he loves you much more ;o). Nevertheless, you may rest assured that you will not get rid of me so easily ;o).

Remember this: good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

Sheila and Ivy - Up close and personal