Sunday 9 December 2007

What a week!

And the upcoming 1 is going to be even MORE socially hectic! Martin had his company's Julefrokost (Christmas lunch / party) in Barcelona, Spain (the lucky guy), so he was there from Thursday and returned home yesterday night. I would have gone too, but then I would have to pay for my own ticket so we decided that he went alone. After all, we will be going to Rome, Italy soon, plus December is already an expensive month, especially since we also just paid for our flight tickets to Sinagpore and Australia for our big vacation next year.

Ivy had handed in her resignation at work, so her last day is on the 21st :o(. I'm really going to miss her, especially since she will not be living in Copenhagen anymore after her last day. We (Alice, Wagma and I) had a little farewell dinner for her yesterday since it would be our last girls' night out together as a foursome... .

The lucky restaurant to have our patronage was Urban Kitchen at 4* FRONT Hotel at Sankt Annæ Plads. They have this menu concept where one can choose amongst 40 different small dishes from around the world at prices like 10kr (S$2.50), 20kr, 30kr or 40kr. Low prices on the menu can really be deceiving to the human eye, though. I mean, we ended up ordering so many dishes, so the final bill price was 899kr (S$260) including non-alcoholic drinks.

Food was good, though. Our waitress, Imoa, was also friendly and helpful, so we were well-served. Well, except that I got the lime'onade instead of the lemonade I had ordered...but that was ok for me since it tasted good anyway.

All in all, it was a quite a hit with the girls....which was good for me since I had suggested going there, and better for my friend since he was the 1 who kept bugging me to check out the Urban Kitchen (so his head is spared from my beheading since our dinner there wasn't a disaster).

Heidi's Bar was next on our list, but we stayed there for just an hour before moving on to Rosie McGee's since our feet was itching to dance the night away... . Had not been to Rosie McGee's in YEARS! The last time I was there was 3½ years ago. Used to be 1 of my favourite dance places since the music is my kind of dance music, and that it's central in Copenhagen.


Anyway, here are pictures!

Started walking from Kongens Nytorv, and took a picture in FRONT of Hotel D'Angleterre (sister hotel of the FRONT)


Baby Spice and Princess Spice


Wild Spice and Delicate Spice


Girl Power! The ones who were responsible for painting Copenhagen city an electrifying Christmas red last night!


Drinking our limo'nades. This was how I knew my ordered lemonade was actually a limo'nade; it looked and tasted exactly like the limo'nade Alice ordered.


"Cheers!"


We're really not gluttons...even though it might seem so just by looking at what we ordered (Colour codes: green = 1 time, purple = 2 times, red = 4 times)


Food...


Food...


Glorious food!


Reaching gluttony status. We even had to add an extra table to ours since we were starting to lack space. If you want to know our secret to staying slim: go dancing afterwards.


Spare ribs...yum, yum.


Dessert...the best part :o).


Enough about food. Better to feast your eyes on beautiful girls instead ;o).


Camwhoring; what we do best.


Happy customer


Girl Flower Power!


With our waitress, Imoa.


This is actually a coffee pot. Funny design, huh? Looks like a time machine...and the coffee would obviously come out of the holes.


Leaving my mark on the FRONT's guest wall.


Fairytale Copenhagen. Christmas light up of 5* Hotel D'Angleterre.


Royal Theatre on the left, shopping centre, Magasin, on the right. Ice-skating rink in the foreground. I guess we're just missing the snow to complete this Christmasy picture.


Our corner at Heidi's. Hey, where's Ivy?


Ah...there she is.


No, Wagma was not in the middle of slapping me before the camera focused on us.


Last pic before we headed to Rosie McGee's.


Anyway...that's all the pics from this weekend fun. It's actually quite time-consuming to upload pics on blogger. Wish they had an easier way.