Saturday 1 December 2007

Wagma's birthday party

I was at Wagma's birthday party last Saturday and had a wonderful time there, despite the transportation problems I had to get to her place. It took me almost 1½hrs to get there from home, even though she lives just around 15mins away by car.

The trip should have been simple even with public transportation. All I needed to do was to take a bus from my home, get off a couple of stops later, then connect to another bus which goes directly to her place. That was it.

So the first bus trip went smoothly. I got off, went to the other bus-stop to connect with bus#02, but it wasn't going to arrive until 40mins later!!! Standing cold at the bus-stop at 20:00hrs for 40mins was NOT an option for me...so I had to think of alternative ways...and taking a cab from where I was would cost me at least 200 DKK (S$50), so that was not an option either.

To cut a long story short, I tried the trains, got off at a station close enough to Wagma's place, waited for a cab there but none drove by (not even an occupied one), so as the minutes ticked by, I ended waiting for that bus which I was supposed to wait 40mins for anyway, since that was the only bus going to Wagma's.

As if that wasn't time wasting enough, I had to add to it by getting off 3 stops too late! It was getting late, it was cold, it was dark, and it started to rain. If I had to wait for the bus in the opposite direction to back-trace my steps, I would have to wait another 15mins in the cold, so I decided to walk back instead.

I was late....but I made it, and glad about it too because I did have a wonderful time. There were quite a few people who said they would go, but didn't show up in the last minute...so it was just 5 of us all in all.

Sweet Wagma had also booked us a table at a nightclub close by in Lyngby called "Pure Passion", but since the rest were tired, it ended up with just Wagma and me going there to dance the night away. Music there was our kind of dance music, and we had a bottle of champagne served at our table, so even though we were just 2 girls, we did have a fantastic time till around 4am in the morning ;o).

And no....I didn't drink the bottle of champagne all by myself. Wagma wasn't able to drink that night, so it would have been just me and my bottle....but luckily, we had some guys who randomly joined us at our table to talk, so we offered them a glass or two which they happily accepted of course (who wouldn't accept free alcoholic drinks in Denmark?).


Wagma and Anne Lee's husband


Anne Lee and me


Me and Ivy


Wagma and me - pic taken by photographer from glows.dk


2 beauties again....pic taken by photographer from dkbn.dk this time. Martin kept seeing the name of the club as "Pussy Passion" on this pic....which would sound really dodgy indeed if it were true.