Sunday 9 March 2008

1 week down...

...2 more to go! I know I am quite behind in updating my blog, but every day has just been packed with things to do that by the time we get home, it's already quite late. Also, I still need a card reader in order to upload pics to this computer in order to make my post entries a bit more interesting.

Oh well, I guess I can just upload the pictures later. It's been a week already since arriving in Unique Singapore. Eating, shopping, walking around, meeting up with friends and family, and more eating is what we've been doing most of the time.

Last Tuesday, I had pampered myself at the hair salon. Had rebonded my hair for the first time ever, and though it was meant to be a cheap enough procedure, I ended up doing more pampering than intended. Besides rebonding (which is pretty much the straightening of the hair), I had a scalp treatment, a little trimming, will do colour and highlight tomorrow, will also have a 2nd scalp treatment, and had bought some hair products. The price? A lot. Basically, it's the most I had ever spent in a hair salon in all my life! By Danish standards, it would definitely cost way more (and would be "normal"), but by my standards, it was 20 times what I had paid for my last haircut in Copenhagen!

But ok, I'm on vacation, so I can pamper myself more than I normally do :o). Martin was shocked at the price, but his blood pressure is back to normal now ;o). I just need to remind him that I'm doing it for him ;o).

My parents-in-law like it very much in Singapore. We've taken them around a bit, and they have been around a bit by themselves too. The good thing about Singapore is that one cannot really get lost, and if so, then taxis are cheap enough get you back on track. Actually, one have to be careful about taking taxis all the time, because it can add up to quite a lot in the end. In the weekends, traffic can be on a standstill that it'll be faster and cheaper to take the trains.

It's been raining quite a lot the first few days, but it has gotten a bit more sunny recently. Managed to enjoy an hour by the pool yesterday with some sun, so I don't need to visit a solarium in Denmark when I return to make it obvious that I've been on a warm vacation ;o).

Have also been eating SO MUCH food that I've actually put on 3kgs in 1 week! THREE! But hey, I'm still under 50kgs so I'm not a whale yet. Maybe if it continues on this average per week, then I would start to worry.

But yeah, 1 more week left in Singapore before we head to Perth, Australia. Still so many things to do and people to meet up with, but I hope we'll be able to manage as much as humanely possible.