Monday 3 March 2008

Touched down in Spore!

Yup! Arrived at 06:00hrs in Singapore (Spore) yesterday. The 12hr flight was very smooth, but unfortunately, we didn't get bumped up to business class on Spore Airlines (SIA...or "Sex In Air" as some say...and no, it not the official Mile High Club). The food was good, service was good, and though the flight was long, I did not fall asleep except for a short nap just after take off.

It wasn't because I couldn't sleep, but more because I didn't try to sleep. Was watching movies and learning new languages onboard the whole flight! So many movies and tv shows to choose from, that time just passed so quickly!

First movie/show I watched was a documentary about Chernobyl in Ukraine, then a documentary about the making of the Airbus A380, then "Alvin and the Chipmunks", then "Juno", then decided to learn some languages since they had some language instruction programmes, then back to watching another movie ("Enchanted").

So yeah, before I knew it, it was then time for the 2nd/last meal onboard! Managed to squeeze in a final documentary on Perth before landing a couple of hours later. No more time for sleeping.

But the thing about leaving CPH at 11:30hrs in the morning for a 12hr flight to Asia is that the day is still new so it's easy to stay awake. However, once you touch down, a NEW day is also beginning, and in our case, it began at 06:00hrs Spore time.

Without any sleep for the whole of "Saturday", continuing the Sunday at 06:00hrs in Spore meant that we had to stay awake for another 12hrs at least! Of course we could sleep a few hours when we arrived, but I had decided to skip the sleep so that I could be super tired by evening time and be able to go to sleep easily. The earlier I overcome the jetlag, the better.

I managed to stay awake till around 20:00hrs Spore time (13:00hrs Danish time), which meant I had been awake for around 28hrs all in all! Now I know how it feels like to be a walking zombie. Anyway...had a good long sleep so though I'm still a little tired now, the jetlag's pretty much over... . I mean, it's 16:31hrs in Denmark now and 23:32hrs in Spore, so since I'm feeling really tired, it is a tiredness that fits in with the Spore time instead of the Danish time.

Anyway, I had better get to sleep soon so that I can be fresh again tomorrow. Today had been a bit of a shopping tour in the main shopping street, Orchard Road. Martin and his parents will do a nature walk tomorrow while I have opted to get my hair done instead (it's going to take around 3hrs for that, so I might as well do it while they spend their day doing something active).

Oh, managed to buy 2 pairs of shoes today for a nice cheap total price of around 215 DKK (S$58). Will put pics up tomorrow because this little laptop we have here does not have a card reader.

Not to rub it in on my friends in Denmark, but I was also at the nice big outdoor jacuzzi 2 days in a row here at Sandra's place ;oP. You guys are allowed to be envious ;oP.