Monday 31 March 2008

Back in Copenhagen :o(.

Arrived home early Saturday morning on a fairly smooth flight, and starting work again tomorrow after exactly a month of vacation. Oh, it's going to be difficult, but that's how it always is after a long vacation.

It is nevertheless nice to be home again. Home sweet home, as they always say. Oh, I did get a mail from the tax office telling me that I owe them 15,671 DKK (S$4,235) in tax, though. What a nice "Welcome Home!" letter, huh? I did freak out at first, but have since calmed down since there are some "tax-free" calculations that are missing from their records, so I'll need to adjust them correctly. I think I will still owe them some money, but not as much as they think.

Anyway...time to give some updates on our recent vacation. I mean, it was pretty much eating, shopping and meeting up with friends and family while in Singapore, so I'll let the pictures do the talking instead. It'll be pretty random, but I'll try to be as organised as possible.

Singapore skyline

Boat Quay...almost like Copenhagen's Nyhavn, just more "happening".

Bargaining with these dudes.

Raffles Hotel, birth place of the famous Singapore Sling!

Old-style fire station.

Haw Par Villa; a big garden filled with Chinese legends.

"There's someone copying your move, bunsi!"

My very own pet tiger!

This is not an outdoor hospital. It's actually a bar/club called "The Clinic"!

Good it's not a restaurant.

My surname was actually "Subramaniam", so "S. Subramaniam" = "Sheila Subramaniam"? A shop in Little India.

Singapore residential skyline

Cool windows.

Just posing on Sandra's balcony.

Couple in Chinatown.

At my old school! Many fond memories there.

More of my old school.

And again more.

Just me. Random picture.

At the Chinese Gardens.

A pond full of expensive fish!

Did I mention that Singapore is a "fine" city?

Going for dinner at the Equinox, the top of that tall hotel building on the right!

Yup, all the way up to the 70th floor! Good thing it doesn't stop on every floor. The elevator was actually super fast.

A view from the very top! Too bad with the rain.

More views.

That's the Lambogini we drove around Singapore in (yeah, right...I wish).

More pics coming up soon! Next time, it'll be on friends/family, and food!!!