Wednesday 21 May 2008

Being anal (retentive) about my toilet paper

No puns intended, but there is something about the tongue of my toilet paper that I am quite anal about. I don't exactly know when I started to be bothered about it. Maybe it has been always, but was only aware of it a year ago, or maybe it is a recent thing.

Anyway, what I'm anal about is the way the tongue is facing. I like it outwards, not inwards, know what I mean? Well, you can see what I mean with a picture instead:


At our home, the tongue is *always* facing outwards, 365 days a year. At the office, I have a favourite toilet (out of 3), and it just bothers me when I see the tongue inwards! I don't really care how it is in the other toilets, but in "my" toilet, it has to be right.

Thing is, someone in my office seems to like using "my" toilet too, and he/she seems to be anal retentive about it too, but in the OPPOSITE way! I don't know who it is (or if it's more than 1 person), but this person(s) is always putting the tongue inwards. When I use the toilet and see the tongue inwards, I'll change it so that it's facing outwards. Then the day after, I see that it's inwards again, so I change it also again to outwards. The next day, same thing!

I could let it be, but then I won't be anal retentive about it, would I? Besides, it's *easier* to grab the tongue when it's facing outwards, so why would anyone want to have it the "difficult" inward way anyway? It rolls better too when it's outwards.

Also, if you go to most hotels, especially the fancy luxury ones, do you see the tongue outwards, or inwards? I'll say 90% of the time, it'll be outwards, and in luxury hotels, you can make that 100%, and the tongue would even be folded in a pointy way. I mean, you can't make pointy tongues when they're facing inwards, can you?

So yeah, if you ask me, outward tongue = the right way, inward tongue = the wrong way.

Nevertheless, though I'm anal about this, it's not an obsessive compulsion. I mean, I don't care how you do it in your own home and won't bother to try change it for you if I am your guest, so don't worry ;o). I just like it "my way" in my own home (and Martin doesn't care which way anyway), and "my way" in the toilet I use the most while at work. That's it ;o).

I'm not the only one who's anal about an outward tongue though. I know a friend who's the same, funny enough...and did point out this fact to the "guilty". Oh, and another thing we seem to share, is the "love" for the soft, luxury, slightly more expensive type of toilet paper. My mum likes this too, so I guess I take after her on it... . Why can't my butt crack deserve the best, right ;o)?