Monday 12 May 2008

Ivy's back! Weekend in Bramming.

This post is actually long overdue, but I had been updating my blog on our Singapore/Australia trips, so had to push this till now.

Anyway, Ivy's back from China!!! For those who don't know, Ivy was my former colleague who became a good friend, and she had returned to China without certainty if she was going to return to Denmark. If she does return to Denmark, she will live in Jutland instead of Copenhagen, so that means 3hrs away by train

On 1st April, she made a surprise return to Denmark, and went straight to her Danish boyfriend's home to surprise him. Nobody was expecting her to return that day, least of all, Esben, so you can imagine how happy he was to see her early in the morning :o).

As 18th of April was a public holiday in Denmark, a few of us had decided to pay Ivy a surprise visit ourselves. After all, 1 good surprise deserves several more, doesn't it ;o)? My colleague, Shi Hua, her hubby and baby girl were the first to surprise her in the morning, then Martin and I surprised her in the evening when we made our way to Bramming after work, and Alice+Anne Katrine did the last surprise the next morning :o). It was good that Ivy had a strong heart so that she could take so many surprises in 1 weekend ;o).

Some of you already know, Esben (Ivy's cowboy) owns a farm in the countryside. I'm actually amazed that a city girl like Ivy is able see herself settling down as a farmer's wife. Really, I am, because as a city girl myself, I know I can never live such a life. Good that Martin's not a farmer then, huh ;o)? Ivy herself did not think that she would be able to live out of the city, so it is quite a big sacrifice for her. This goes to show what love can do indeed, and it's just so beautiful.

So yeah, we stayed 2 nights on Esben's farm, celebrated his birthday with him, had a big feast of our lives, played table-tennis, had a tour around the farm, and tried out cow tipping (pushing cows over so that they fall and can't get up again)... . No, just kidding - we didn't do that. Martin was actually very disappointed that cow tipping is just an urban legend.

Here are pictures from that wonderful weekend:

China vs Denmark!


"Please don't eat me!"


Esben has around 150 cows on his farm!


This one's called "Mila" - the cow that brought Ivy and Esben together.


Not sure if this one has a name.


Was quite scary to touch them. This one started to lick me with its nasty wet tongue, that's why I pulled away just when Martin snapped this pic.


Giant tractor, tiny me.


Do I look enough like a farmer girl?


The sign says "POTATOES" - and I can vouch for Esben's delicious ecological potatoes!


Esben's farm house.


A monkey on the farm... .


Success!


Preparing for dinner.


Surprise#03 that weekend - Alice and Anne Katrine.


Back to preparing the food - Chinese dumplings!


Here's 1 little dumpling I managed to steal from the kitchen ;o).


City girls on the farm.


Secret joke between the two?


Alice found a new friend!


Cute teenage cow with cute pinky tongue. Hmm...actually, I should be worried, because if anyone should be licking lips, it should be me while I look at it and think "Mmm...beef steaks". But it seems here, its thinking "Mmm...human steaks."


Cow pooping... . Click to see the big picture if you dare.


If you didn't dare click on the above pic, here's one of a container filled with cow poop for you to see anyway! Haha.


Fresh chickens and eggs on the farm too, but not a big product here.


Little farm children playing on the swings.


New baby friends.


Me and the farmer's beautiful wife.


Alice and Ivy


The party's starting!


Alice and me.


"Do you think I'm hot?" asked very drunk Lucy. I don't think we need to translate the reply on that question... .


Martin trying to be Asian with his Victory sign... .


Try count the candles if you want to know Esben's age.


It was Esben's mum who made the cake, and it was DELICIOUS!!!


This was where a few of us slept in. Goodnight, everyone!


A big thank you to Esben and Ivy for not kicking us back to Copenhagen when we showed up at your doorstep unannounced! Well ok, Esben actually helped to plan the whole thing, so it was good that Ivy welcomed us all too :o).