Monday 26 May 2008

Public transportation needs more weather practice.

I don't get it. Why is it that every time it rains heavily, or maybe snows just a little bit, Danish public transportation just doesn't seem to know how to operate?!? I mean seriously, instead of having delays on the buses during a heavy rainy day like this morning, there should be extra buses instead, since bad weather = less people on their bicyles = more people on public transporation. Do the math!

But noooo... . The bus had to come almost 10 mins later than usual, which meant that I was a little late at work. Yeah, I know that I can get up earlier on a rainy day instead, but I won't know how heavy the rain is until after I get up at my usual time, right? I mean, if I normally get up at 08:45hrs in the morning, God is not going to come into my dreams at 08:00hrs and tell me that it's raining really heavily outside, so I might want to get up at 08:15hrs instead, is he?

No, He's not. Therefore, I get up as usual after the usual number of snoozes on my alarm clock, and do my usual thing in the bathroom within the usual timeframe, and then out the door at the usual time and walk towards the usual bus-stop, with the only difference of having an umbrella in my hand on a rainy day.

Therefore, how can it be that the bus doesn't show up at the usual time? I mean, rain is just water, no? H2O? And a lot of rain is simply just a lot of water...something that big buses can handle with their big wheels and big wipers?

So yeah...I don't get it. And it seems that public transportation is always "surprised" when something "non-sunny" happens. Tsk.