Thursday 1 May 2008

Day 07+08: Exmouth-Perth

*Sigh*...not many days left on our outback tour :o(. The closer the end came, the more it meant that our great vacation was coming to an end. But we still had 1 night left before we headed back to Perth, so we were determined to enjoy every single minute that's left of the tour (even though the most of it was spent driving).

Sunrise - yet another early day. Had not woken up so early for so many days in a row since high school!


And then we went to space... . No, not really...but the pic's kinda cool upside-down... .


Up, close and personal with a termite mound. I read that the queen and king termites have their own master bedroom in that "kingdom". The queen's role is soley to breed workers and soliders... . Interesting read.


This one's even bigger than Martin! And he's 187cm tall!


A dangerous redback spider with 3 eggs. Don't wanna mess with that one.


Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall... . Cute water tank.


Table-tennis at our last night at Northbrook Farmstay.


I prefer real tennis, but table-tennis can also be really fun!


Moon-rise! It was actually amazing how fast it moved!


Our last night together as group mates.


"The shark I killed was THIS big!"


Now you see him...


Now you don't!




Actually, Mickael, who was the most quiet guy in our group, decided to get really drunk on our last day. He's just SO funny and sweet when he was drunk, and I managed to catch it on video and posted it on Facebook ;o).



Drinking game that was not going my way in that round.


This was like the sweetest doggy ever! So friendly and socialable.


Principality of Hutt River. We could get our passports stamped here, as if we were entering another country. This "country-within-a-country" / micronation is only 75 km2 big, but it seems the Australian government does not recognise its "independance".


His Royal Highness Prince Leonard the First? Or maybe he was still drunk and thought he was a king?


Her Serene Highness Princess Shirley?


The real Prince Leonard on the right. His wife, Princess Shirley, was somewhere else in their "kingdom". A very eccentric guy indeed.


Has been a "kingdom" since 1970.


Feeding an ass at Greenough Wildlife Park. What? It can be called an ass!


Feeding a lama. It didn't like to be patted, though - always ran away when I tried.


Is it me or does this camel look happy :o)? Btw, check out this crazy camel story! Some people just have too much money. Why not give to me instead???


My rich Dubai Prince???


Not easy feeding an emu, since its pecking can be quite intimidating. Besides, it only managed to get 10% of what was offered. The rest just fell to the ground.


Little Kangeroo Joey. He was so sweet, putting his paws on my hand while eating out of it. Or perhaps he was just trying to steal my watch ;o). Btw, I'm quite sure he was not the one Martin ate on his birthday dinner a few posts down!


Jake the Snake (a WWF wrestler, in case you're wondering who that is. And yes, I do know quite a few WWF wrestlers because I used to watch that crap. All part and parcel of growing up with a brother).



I doubt I'll be smiling like that if I see this snake in the wilderness.


Nice hat and necklace accessory?


Mr Tough Guy!


Surprising, not really that tough... . The poor guy was so afraid of the snakes! It's actually quite funny because who would have thought that Macho Italiano was more afraid of the snakes than the girls were ;o)!


Interesting sign; I'm more used to vehicles stopping for pedestrians at the zebra crossings.


Last group picture together.


A picture with all the girls. You might think you see a man amongst us, but it's just your eyes playing tricks on you ;o).


But yeah, that was the end of our fun and wonderful outback tour! It was sad to say goodbye to all our new friends, but the memories will always remain. I should mention that:

Every day at sunset,
The mood for "Love Time" is set.
"Get out the heart! Get out the heart!" says Andrea,
"I need to sing a love song to my wife, Anthea!"
So here we are driving in our bus,
Hmm...this should song should have been played last... .