Wednesday 30 April 2008

Day 06: Exmouth

Lovely beach at Exmouth. Lots of coral reefs, so was snorkelling all day long here. Saw some blue-spotted stingrays and some black tip reef sharks. Didn't manage to see or swim with turtles, though. A couple in our group did.

Oh well...I guess I shouldn't bother Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatello too much anyway (in case you're wondering who they are, they're the Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles).


Turquiose Bay.


Preparing to snorkel at the reefs.


Just beautiful!


I could swim here every day!


A gigant lobster having Martin for lunch!


But I rescued my man with just my bare hands ;o). No, actually, it was just an empty lobster shell we found lying on the beach. I'm sure it would have made a very tasty and sumptuous meal ;o).


Saw this blue-spotted sting ray a few times. So cool!


Lunch time! Hungry like a pack of wolves after all the swimming. All meals were included in our outback tour, so we never had to worry about going hungry.


An emu at our lodgings! (not me; the animal thingy behind me!)


Mmm...if this fella is running towards me, maybe I should start running away from it... .


No worries, though - French Fries (Mickael) to the rescue! I think he scared off the emu. My hero... .


That's right, SHOO!


Bus ride to the lighthouse to catch the sunset!


We were running a little late, so we did miss it a little.


Breathtaking fire, nevertheless.


Perfect place to propose at!


Seemed that Italian Stallion liked to stick his tongue out at anything that moved... .


The lighthouse.


Ningaloo babes.


Us with a Ningaloo babe (it's their t-shirt that said "Ningaloo").


His beer cooler said "BOOBS"...and I think that was exactly what he needed!


And boobs was what he got! He wanted to be a Ningaloo babe too...but I don't think he'll succeed looking like that.


Fun, games and chit-chat. Social time as usual.


Serious business now: playing Black Jack.


Not with money, though.


Roberta's last night with us :o(. Funky belt she had, huh ;o)?