Sunday 9 September 2007

Girls only weekend

We should definitely have an extra day in the weekend - 2 days are not enough! Who came up with a 5 day work week anyway?

I went out with 3 girlfriends yesterday, first to watch the football Euro 2008 qualifying match between Denmark and Sweden (it was a draw this time at 0-0), and then to dance the night away at K3 (the former gay club). I didn't like K3 previously because they only played techno/house music the 1st time I was there, but since it was an organised party we went to, we didn't really have a choice with the night party location, so K3 it was. Good thing though, is that we didn't have to pay the cover charge since we were guests at this organised party, so that's why I was willing to give that place a 2nd chance... .

I must say that it was FUN this time! The lower floor played techno/house music, but the upper floor was playing proper normal music! Music I like dancing to, at least. Probably because it was a Saturday, compared to previously when I was there on a Friday.

Unfortunately, it did get to a point later on in the night where there became far too many people dancing on the far too small dance floor, so it wasn't much fun towards the end since you can't really dance properly apart from maybe 2 small steps to the right and 2 small steps to the left. I mean, that's not even called walking! Also, you get pushed around a lot instead, which isn't so pleasant. In fact 2 guys had even started to have a 1 on 1 fist fight with each other while Wagma and I were dancing! If that was a new kind of dance move, it certainly looked like a violent 1. Tsk....men.

Anyway, it was a fun night with good company, good music, and an ok football match result.

3 beauties (from left): Alice from China, Ivy from China and Wagma from Denmark with Afghanistan roots


Some lucky guy won that scooter (but without the blond) at a raffle draw. I doubt that I would dare to ride that machine home anyway, if I had won it. I prefer cars ;o).


Couching out a bit before we continued to K3


Me and Ivy


On Sunday, which is today, Ivy invited us over to her place for dinner. She and Wagma are actually renting rooms next to each other in a big house in Charlottenlund, a pretty poshy area in greater Copenhagen, so we were quite a few girls tonight since 2 of Wagma girlfriends joined us too.

Ivy was the cook of the day, and believe it or not, that petite girl gave us a FEAST of a lifetime! She made us 10 different Chinese dishes, PLUS dessert!!! They were all wonderfully presented as well. My goodness, none of us were expecting such royal treatment at all! The best part though, was that they all tasted excellent! We girls really had a good time, made new friends with each other, and just clicked so well that we agreed to all meet up again soon.


Well, here are pictures fresh from the camera tonight:

This was just ½ of our sinful feast


From left: Alice, Wagma, Gitte (Korean), Anne Lee (Korean) and moi


Helping with the dishes. Well, I was actually just bringing in a used fork.


Hmm...come to think of it, we should have used the self-timer to take a picture with ALL of us together! Now Anne Lee is missing from this pic.


Happy 3 friends


I don't think a "guys only" gathering will be quite as fun as a "girls only gathering". I mean, they'll probably just eat pizza, drink beer, maybe play some video games, and get drunk. But we girls...we get proper food (or a feast, if you go visit Ivy), we do our girl talk / girl bonding, exchange useful information like recipes, goof around a bit (ok, a lot) with our cameras, laugh together, cry together....I mean, I'm talking about getting deep here... ;o).

Ok...I think I lost the guys somewhere after "play some video games, and get drunk."