Sunday 2 September 2007

Diana's and Seth's wedding

Was at (Princess) Diana's and Seth's wedding yesterday. They both said "yes" to each other, so it meant we could continue with the celebration at the Admiral Hotal :o).

Right now, all I can say is that it was definitely an untraditional Danish wedding. Diana is ½ Tanzanian and ½ Danish, while her husband, Seth, is from Namibia, so while there were some hints of a Danish wedding, the African side of it was displayed the most.

It was FUN!!! There were drums beating, African dancing, tribal shouts...and of course lots of dancing afterwards. It was also quite emotional for the bride and groom and their families. I was quite touched by some of the speeches that a tear or 2 were shed... .

Hmm...why do we cry of happiness anyway??? I didn't cry on my wedding day itself (didn't want to ruin my makeup....hee....hee), but I did get choked with emotion during the wedding rehearsal just the day before the wedding. I thought I would not be able to contain my tears on the actual day itself, but thankfully I did... . But the tears....why the tears??? Could be misinterpreted as "goodbye freedom, hello slavery"... ;o).

No, no - I know it's not like that at all....for most, at least. But I still think it's strange that we cry when we're happy, we cry when we're sad, we cry when we are hurting or in pain, we cry when we're touched emotionally, we cry when we're angry, we cry when we've laughed so hard that our tummy hurts.....cry, cry, cry.

Guys of course don't know what I'm talking about, right ;oP? All you macho men out there. But hey, no matter how macho you are, I'm pretty sure you have been crying a lot for the first 1 year of your life ;oP. Cried when you were hungry, cried when you saw strange faces, cried when you wanted your diapers changed, cried when you were tired....etc, etc... .

Anyway, I'm tired now, so I will post the pictures of this wonderful day another day :o).