Thursday 20 September 2007

Soon to Sunny Beach, Bulgaria!!!

Our 1st vacation since April is soon approaching! I have been 100% in Denmark since returning home from Singapore in Easter that I look forward to being away for 1 week in a different country, different climate (warmer, hopefully), different routine, different everything.

My mother-in-law will be joining Martin and me on this trip. It'll be the 1st time I travel with her, so I look forward indeed to some "female-bonding". I've heard nightmarish stories from friends who had travelled together with their parents-in-law before, but I'm sure my story will be a breath of fresh air :o).

Anyway, there are a lot of things to get done before the actual trip itself. Our holiday apartment there is still rather empty, but the kitchen and bedroom should hopefully be done by the time we arrive there. We'll then have to find all the extra things we can bring there which we have too many of here (eg. cups, glasses, towels, bedsheets, etc, etc), and then buy the rest there. Since we plan to rent this apartment out during the summer season next year, we need all this in place during the time we're there. Therefore, even though it will be a vacation, it will also be a kind of personal "work" trip.

I'm glad I don't need to apply for a VISA to go to Bulgaria anymore. I needed to do that last year when I went there (alone), but since Bulgaria has joined the EU (European Union) at the beginning of 2007, the VISA requirement for Singapore passport holders has been removed. Thank goodness for the EU!

I don't hope the prices there become "EU standard", though. Last year, during their pre-EU time, one can still get alcohol for almost nothing:

1 Lv = 1 SGD = 3.80 DKK


Almost unreal, huh? I should go find that place again and see if the prices have gone up, and if so, by how much.


So yeah, if any of you plan to go to Sunny Beach, Bulgaria someday, just let me know :o). Direct flights out from Copenhagen costs around 1,500 DKK - 2,000 DKK (return, tax included) and it takes only 3hrs to get there. The airport (in Burgas) is a mere ½hr drive away from Sunny Beach.


In the meantime, I am counting down the days till I get out of the cold, wet, autumn season of Denmark. My goal is to come home with a nice tan ;o). Hmm...not that I really need one, but just to "stock up" a bit for the winter season ;o).