Monday 22 October 2007

Birthday feast!

We were celebrating Ivy's "25th" birthday yesterday. It wasn't a wild party since it was Sunday, but we did have a very "hyggelig" time, as one would say in Danish. The closest word in the English language for that would be "cosy", but as most Danes will argue, "hyggelig" is more than just "cosy".

Ivy had cooked us what felt like a hundred course dinner! You can see all the food she had prepared in the 1st picture below. We were around 13 people all in all, so we did manage to eat up most of the food like a pack of hungry wolves.

Ivy's boyfriend actually owns a farm in Jutland. No, he's not the farmer from the "Old MacDonald had a farm" song, since he's actually young, tall, handsome and Danish - totally opposite of Old MacDonald, whom I'd imagine to be old as his name suggests, scrubby-looking, and definitely Scottish. Much like this guy below:


Anyway...what I wanted to say was that if I could choose to be an animal, I'll choose to be an eagle. It's such a majestic bird, plus I like that it can fly. However, I'll also be willing to be a cow on Esben's and Ivy's farm if it means that I can get to eat a LOT of good food from Ivy's kitchen to fill up my 4 stomachs ;o). I'll have 1 stomach for starters, 1 stomach for main course, 1 stomach for dessert part (a), and 1 stomach for dessert part (b).


In return, I'll make sure to produce 4 kinds of milk - full cream, skim, chocolate and strawberry ;o). Tell me, which cow can offer such a good deal???


Ok, ok...I should stop daydreaming... . Here are the pics from yesterday!


Wouldn't you want to be a cow too, after looking at all this food??? Click to see mouth-watering details.


As you can see, VERY happy chompers!


Japanese/Korean-style of eating.


Wagma and me.


Prezzies time!


Martin and my gift to the birthday girl.


More prezzies... .


And yet more prezzies... .


Isn't she cute?


Looking on excitedly.


Daddy and baby girl.


My Mickey Mouse ice-cream. What? Why are you judging me? I already told you I have dessert part (a) and dessert part (b)! I did give one of my Mickey ears to Shi Hua, though... .


Satisfied cows.


Ivy and her cowboy. So sweet... :o).


A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ivy once again! May you stay young and beautiful ALWAYS!