Monday 22 October 2007

Fire season

Autumn is definitely here now. The leaves on the trees are no longer green, the birds are no longer singing their songs in the morning, and the sun may be shining it's fire on us but it's not burning us 1 bit.

Yes...autumn. It's a cold season, but oh the colours are beautiful! Orange, yellow, red. How ironic that it makes you think you are standing in the midst of a huge fire, but yet you need your coat, gloves, hat, scarf and boots on.

The front of our apartment


The ground will soon be covered in all those fiery leaves. So fun to kick them around when they pile up ;o)! Good we don't have a garden, though. I mean, I like kicking them around and making the leaves fly around me as I walk on the path, but I definitely don't like sweeping them up ;o). I'll leave that to our care-taker.


Hmm...I wonder if he will come after me with his rake if I kick a tempting pile of leaves which he has so painstakingly sweep aside... . I guess I should find out first if he is a teddy bear kind of guy, or a Snoop Dogg kind of guy, who is apparently going to rake leaves as part of his community service after pleading guilty to a felony weapons charge... . I don't think I'll want to mess with a guy who might have more than a rake as a weapon, if you know what I mean... .