Tuesday 17 June 2008

BBQ in Birkerød

Martin's company had their annual BBQ summer party in Birkerød (his boss' home) last Saturday. The weather was not exactly BBQ weather, unfortunately. Compared to the previous weekend at Shi Hua's parents' "koloni" house party the Saturday before, the weather last Saturday was indeed "pool weather" too, but more like in a "pool of rain".

Nevertheless, we had good food and good company as usual, and we didn't have Bil and Yellow Goddess there "as usual" either (which in my opinion contributed very much to the good company).

Anyway...here are some pictures from that event:


2 big, juicy, fat steaks. And 4 big, juicy...ok, maybe I shouldn't say it... .


Getting excited already.


"When's my meat ready? I'm so hungry," thought Andrzej.


Me and Ning running indoors to get away from the rain.


Spain vs Sweden in their last Euro 2008 group match.


3 men and a lady...watching the match.


I was pretty much alone during the 1st half. What is wrong with the world today, when out of around 15 guys, only 1 girl watches the match?


Spicy sausages


"There's something wrong with my beer," said Uffe. "Yeah, I spat in it!" said Andrzej mischieviously.


"There's something wrong with my wine," said Johnni. "Yeah, I spat in it!" said Andrzej mischieviously.


Johnni wondering if Andrzej had spat in other people's drinks too.


"I wish I had that Sony Ericsson G900," thought Thomas.


"Hey, guys...look at what Andrzej did to my drink!" said Uffe. Johnni however, didn't mind the spit in his wine.


The lesson of today is: whoever comes near my food will get something extra tasty in their drinks!!!


Coffee, tea and cake time!


Yummy.


"I had better pour my own wine."


"I had better pour my own beer."


"Mmm...I'm lovin' it! It's thumb suckin' good!"


"Please don't tell Andrzej that I took his sausages...," begged guilty-looking Finn.


Whisky that is 51 years old (bottled in 2001)!


"This whisky is older than I!"


"Let's enjoy it before we get to that age!"


"I was out fishing yesterday...," said Jörn,


"...and I caught a Danish mermaid THIS BIG!" "I don't hope this is an effect from drinking whisky that is ½ a century old," thought Finn.

"I'm really not sleeping!" said Martin.


"Don't you dare take my picture!" said Carl.


This Martin is on his way to becoming a millionaire by betting on football match results!


Lise looking cosy by the camp fire.


A couple shot before taking the last train home.