Thursday 26 June 2008

My summer vacation

Well, it'll just be a 2nt/2day trip to Berlin with 2 girlfriends, but it's better than nothing! Will fly to Berlin tomorrow night at 8pm, and return Sunday night at 10pm, so a full weekend trip indeed!

And yes, you did read the first line right - I'll be going with 2 girlfriends, meaning hubby dearest will be staying home. 2 nights are not going to kill him though - the longest I had been away from him on a trip was 1 week in Bulgaria, and when I came home, he was still alive and breathing ;o). In fact, he's going to "return that favour" soon in July, when it'll be his turn to go to Bulgaria for 1 week without me. Not that I don't want to join him and his parents, but just that I can't take such a long vacation during the high summer season at work.

That's why a short weekend trip to break my routine a bit is what I can do instead. I've never been on a "girls only" trip before, so I'm looking forward to it indeed. At least shopping together will not be such a bore for anyone of us ;o).

As for Berlin, it'll be my second trip there. However, the 1st time was way back in 2000, during Christmas period. Cold, wet, but Christmasy. I look forward to see everything in its summer glory this time...if it doesn't rain too much. Has been rather chilly and wet here in Copenhagen, so a lot of sunshine in Berlin would be nice, even for just 2 days.

You know what's the worse part though? I had booked our return flight on the day of the Euro 2008 FINAL!!! The FINAL of the finals!!! That means I'll be IN THE PLANE while the match is being played! It wasn't like I had a choice, since there is only 1 flight per day with Sterling, and it had to be at the time of the match. Of course, we could have chose another weekend, but this weekend had a low price that we were willing to pay for. Plus, I didn't realise that it was THE day when choosing the weekend dates.

Anyway, if all goes smoothly, I will touch down at 10pm, so if the airport does not have a bar showing the final, I will have to rush down to the sports bar at the main station to watch the last remaining minutes. It takes about 15mins to get from the airport by train (excluding waiting time), so I really hope the airport has a bar showing the match.

It's been decided 5mins ago that the final will be between Germany and Spain. I really hope Spain will win the Cup, but somehow it feels like the Germans would. Hey, perhaps I should miss my flight and stay behind in Germany and join the Germans in cheering on their team! No wait, maybe not a good idea if I'm really going to support Spain. Unless I engage in "reverse supportology", which is basically supporting the team I want to lose, since so far, every team that I strongly want to win seem to lose (Portugal, the Netherlands). So yeah, if I "support" the team that I really want to lose, then the team that I really want to win will win :o)!

Anyways...I'm done packing. I think. Just the toiletries left to do. Clothes, check! Shoes, check! Underwear, check! Euros, check! Passport, check! Camera, check! Hubby, uncheck! ;o)

I guess I should go spend my last few waking minutes with hubby then. Don't want him crying like a big baby when he says goodbye to me at the airport tomorrow ;o).