Tuesday 10 June 2008

Kylie's X Concert

My mum and sisters are back in Copenhagen! What perfect timing too, because I could treat my sisters to Kylie Minouge's concert on the 8th of June at Forum. I actually didn't know that she was coming here to perform. I knew that Celine Dion was coming on the 5th of June, but not Kylie. Not until a friend wrote on his Facebook status that he had 5 Kylie tickets for sale.

Well, it was actually a friend of his who was selling them, so I was able to get a good price for 3 tickets...and a better price for 4 (@400kr/S$100 each). Martin agreed to join us in the end, so it was perfect. Didn't ask him at first if he'd like to join me and my sisters because he said he doesn't really like going to concerts anyway...but yeah, I guess it really depends on who's performing... .

Anyway, the ticket said that we're not allowed to bring cameras, so the pictures taken were from my mobile phone. Good thing it has a 3 mega pixel camera, so the pictures are decent enough. Did see quite a lot of others who brought their cameras in anyway...so I guess next time, I'll do the same.

They actually also wrote that we're not allowed to bring bottles or drinks in. I don't see what the problem is with plastic bottles (can't really hurt anyone with those, unless you're planning on shoving it up someone's behind or something), but of course, it makes a lot of sense when mineral water there costs 25kr (S$6.50) per bottle! That's a lot of money for a concert on a hot summer day with a crowd of around 10,000... .

Oh, Danish Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary were there too, but we didn't see them. Princess Mary's from Australia, so seeing Kylie (who's also Australian) was something special, I guess.

Anyway...here are pictures from the concert:

Kylie's #1 fan


Kylie's #2 fan


Kylie's FAVOURITE fan


Kylie's stalker fan


There she is!!!


Yes, it really is her.


She's only 152cm tall, btw. Shorter than me (and I'm not that tall)!


Cheerleader Kylie


I'm impressed that this 40 year old can do splits!


Come closer!


Ah, that's better.





Yes, that's Kylie too, in another costume. Very different and entertaining sets throughout the concert.


Sexy Kylie


The last scene before her 3 encores


And here's a video of her singing a song I'm sure you know:


She does sound like Kylie indeed.


Regarding "encores", I wonder if there has ever been a concert that was so bad, that the audience didn't want any extra numbers and just wanted to go home. These performers...when they're done with their last official song, do they go to their dressing room and start preparing to come out again because they expect fans to want more "by default"? Would just be "funny" if they get all ready to do the extra numbers, but come out from behind the curtains to an empty concert hall ;o).

Oh, and I was a little disappointed that Kylie didn't sing "Red Blooded Woman" :o(. But she did do "I Should Be So Lucky", so a good oldie indeed.



Red Blooded Woman


Anyway...there are actually a few more famous performers coming to Copenhagen this year, but none whom I'll bother to go watch. Hmm...I should make a list of concerts I've been to!

1993 - Michael Jackson (Singapore)
1997 - Michael Jackson (Copenhagen) - yeah, I know. I was a big fan of his.
2000 - Tracy Chapman (Copenhagen)
2000 - Simply Red (Copenhagen)
2001 - U2 (Copenhagen)
2001 - Texas (Copenhagen)
2002 - Bryan Adams (Copenhagen)
2005 - Mariah Carey (Copenhagen)
2008 - Kylie Minouge (Copenhagen)

Yeah...I think that's about it for now. Would like to see Madonna at least once, but the last time she was here, she was in Horsens, which is a couple of hours from Copenhagen by train...so I hope she'll come to Copenhagen next time...if there is a next time.