Monday 16 June 2008

A bunch of parties! Pre-season 2008

There had been quite a lot of parties / BBQs lately that I've not been able to keep them posted as fast as they happen. But yeah, that's how it is in the summer month here, when everyone wants to make use of the warm weather. Hard to blame us, since summer can be so unpredictable that you don't want to regret not enjoying the sun as much as possible when it's shining.

And sad enough, it seems that the rain and cold has returned :o(. Thought I would not need my warm jacket anymore, but alas! I had to put it on again last Saturday. That's why I never pack away my winter clothes - they can sometimes still be used in the summer.

Anyway...let's start with my company's pre-season party. Didn't take many pictures this time, and some of them can be "blackmail-type" pictures, so for the sake of protecting "innocent" parties, I'll allow for a negotiation period on the price to purchase these pictures ;o).


Did my nails to match my dress.


At the office with my summer helper for 4 months, Roongrat (or Toey).


Sabrina and Shi Hua looking happy.


Why does Toey want to shoot me? Is it because I make her bring me tea all the time??? ;o)


My starters - assorted cold antipasto. Was so good that I had it twice (Toey didn't want hers, but I did give her another dish I had that I didn't like but she liked).


Yeah, that's the 2nd dish I had that I didn't like (Garganelli pasta with lobster and brandy), so gave this to Toey in exchange for her 2nd dish that was the same as my 1st dish.


Main course - Tenderloin of beef with rosemary, pancetta and balsamic vinegar sauce. The beef was good, but the potatoes and cheese thingy wasn't that yummy, so I left those in favour of dessert... .


Mmm...tiramìsu :o). It was ok, but to be very honest, I prefer the one I make, and I'm not saying this in a conceited way because I do get very good feedback from people who try my tiramisu, and have had it requested a few times at parties.


Andreas and Nina. Btw, Nina's from Finland and she speaks really good Mandarin! How cool is that? She's actually better than me...which makes me wish I had paid more attention during Mandarin lessons while in school.


Rune trying to be metrosexual in women's sunglasses.


Rune about to eat the dangerous passion fruit.


Passion fruit kicking in. Does anybody wanna kiss him?


Hands down, Shi Hua!


Wannabe rocker chicks.








Rune eyeing the Tequilla shots... .


"Where's my Tequilla shot?"


"Who took my Tequilla shot?!?!"


Wild hair day


This party was uncharacteristically on a weekday, and even though we had 2 shifts the next day due to a public ½ day holiday, I was going to work in the morning shift from 9am to 1pm. On this night, I had 1 glass of white wine, 1 glass of Pina Colada, 1 x Dooley's shot, 2 x Russian strawberry vodka shots, and 1 x Fisherman's shot. The Tequilla shot, I had to pass because if I had taken it, I would definitely not show up for work the next day, and it would be all Andreas' fault because he had bought them.

And no...funnily enough, I didn't have a hangover the next morning, so I was even able to show up at the office at 9am, and that is quite a feat because I normally show up only at 10am.