Monday 25 June 2007

Baby epidemic

Remember that I wrote on Friday 08 June that "I know at least 12 friends/acquaintances/colleagues/Yellow Goddess who have already given birth this year, or are due to give birth this year."? Well guess what? Make that 13 people. The list just got longer last Saturday. Is there really a baby epidemic going on?!?!

Just for the sake of recording, I'm going to make a list of all the people I know who had given birth this year or are due to give birth this 2007 year:
Of course, there is also Princess Mary (Crown princess of Denmark) who had given birth earlier this year too, to a baby princess, but since I don't know her personally, she shan't be on my list ;o). Hmm...seems like there are more girls than boys at the moment... . Let's see if we get it a bit more balanced as we await the next few births.

Anyway...to everyone on the list who is living in Denmark: thank you for giving birth so that I don't have to worry about who's going to pay taxes for my pension in the future!!! Hee...hee... ;o).

By the way, if you had just given birth and are tired of parenthood already, here's a neat way to get rid of your baby:

When you go to a birthday party, just roll the pram with your baby in it to the gift table and leave it there amongst the other gifts. It would be good if the baby goes to the lucky birthday person with a start up kit comprising of practical things such diapers, some clothes, a pacifier and some milk formula. Oh, maybe the birth certificate and medical records too... ;o).