Monday 11 June 2007

Danish summer

I love it here in Denmark when we have a good summer... . Feels like being in Singapore again, just without so much humidity. It's not easy to sleep during warm nights, though, since we don't have any air-cons at home (most Danish homes have heaters instead, for the longer winter months). At least we have a ceiling fan, so it's better than nothing... .

It's also great with the long daylight during summer time... . Even though I've been leaving the office "late" these couple of weeks due to the high tourist season (and by "late", I mean around 19:30hrs, which is nothing compared to "late" by Singapore standards), it still feels like I'm getting home early since it's still so bright. Hmm... then again, I'm always at the office at 10:00hrs, so if I want to leave earlier at a "normal" time, I can always get up earlier. I hate getting up early, though. I do it only if I really have to.

Anyway, see how bright it still is at 21:15hrs today!


Shot taken from my balcony :o). The sun is going to set later and later until sometime in mid-June (mid-summer night), then it will slowly but surely start to get darker and darker again... . You won't feel it until around late September or beginning October, though. I'll try to remember to upload a picture when it's 16:00hrs in winter so you can see the big difference... .

Anyway, summer time means grill time in Denmark, so we were out grilling last Saturday at Caryn and Henrik's place (the parents of the 2 boys we helped to babysit last Thursday). Caryn is Malaysian Chinese (good friend of mine whom I used to work together with) and her husband, Henrik, is Danish. Their sons, Thomas and Nicolai, are really adorable :o). In fact, if you remember Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom where there was this Asian kid (Jonathan Ke Quan) who was Indy's sidekick (Shorty), then we've found his look-alike in the form of Thomas!



Well...don't know if you guys agree, but Martin and I think he looks like "Shorty" (the one on the left). By the way, in case you are wondering, we did not serve Thomas ANY alcohol despite the number of wine glasses in front of him ;oP! I know the picture makes him look like an alcoholic kid, but it's the only one I have of him from the BBQ last Saturday... .

Ok, fine...if you guys don't want to believe me, I'll just leave now with a sunshiny picture of myself then (something which seems to be missing from MY blog besides that tiny profile picture I have of me).