Thursday 28 June 2007

A date Down Under

Martin and I went on a dinner date today :o). I'm talking about a real proper dinner date at a fancy restaurant and with just the 2 of us without our kids... . Oh wait, we don't have kids ;o).

Anyway, it's been quite a while since we've been on a date like that. Yes, married couples can (and should) still date each other now and then. It doesn't always have to be at a fancy restaurant, but it should at least be doing something together outside of home and just the 2 of you. Quality time with each other while keeping the romance alive ;o).

There wasn't anything to celebrate today really. A couple of weeks ago, I did spontaneously say to Martin "Hey! Let's go have dinner tonight at the Greek restaurant close by!" We've never been there yet because they were always closed whenever we wanted to check it out, so I thought it would be a good idea to try again (plus, I was kinda lazy to cook ;o)).

Martin's reply though, was disappointing. "You want to go there now?!? But I'm tired, so let's just stay home and find something in the fridge to cook." Talk about the most unromantic answer of the year!

So yeah, I guess he kinda felt bad about it, so he suggested that we go out for dinner tonight instead, to an Australian restaurant :o). Good thing pay day was today ;o).