Wednesday 6 June 2007

Just random ramblings & good friends...

To my dear friends who took the time to write in my guestbook - thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You guys are the best :o). To other readers, regular or otherwise, who do not sign my guestbook or leave comments, you guys are wonderful too and I respect your choice to remain anonymous. Just make sure to keep coming back, okay ;o)?

It's not always easy to think about a topic to write about, since some of my days are just boring. I mean, I get up, go to work, come home, eat, sleep, get up again, go to work, maybe squeeze in an hour of tennis, come home, eat, sleep...so yeah, I'd rather not blog about daily routines as I'm sure you'd rather not read about them. I might end up boring myself to death before I get the chance to click on "publish post".

Maybe I should purposely pick a fight with Martin so that I can blog about it...*hee* *hee*. Well, I did "warn" him to be good to me from now on otherwise I'll blog it to the whole world. So far it's working ;o). Ladies, are you taking notes?

Anyway, speaking of blogging, it turned out that one of my very good friends in Singapore whom I have known since primary school had started blogging around the same time as me too! It's quite scary, actually. In secondary school, Cindy and I used to write crazy/funny letters to each other occasionally (back in the days when emails didn't quite exist yet). Now, we had somehow started our blogs at the same time. Of all the years, of all the months, of all the dates, it had to be end of May 2007. That's scary. I'll be sure to add her blog link here when she's ready to open it up to the world, although it will appeal mainly to the female audience since it is centred on her newborn baby Caitlyn :o).

Now that I've mentioned very good friends from primary school, I have another one named Shirley. Well, I knew her since primary school, but we only became close friends since the start of secondary school (same as with Cindy). Shirley and I hanged out quite a lot, and at some point, it became very normal for our classmates to mix up both our names. Instead of calling me "Sheila", they call me "Shirley", and vice-versa.

Now, the scary thing about this is that up till today, there are sometimes still people who mistakenly call me "Shirley" here in Denmark! I'm talking about people who do not know the real Shirley, nor do they know that I have a friend by that name. I mean, it's really scary especially when the name "Shirley" is not at all a name used in Denmark! Yes, it is an internationally known name, but just not common at all in this part of the world, so how on earth do they connect "Sheila" with "Shirley"?!? I don't mind it though, because it never fails to amaze me when it happens, and it just brings back good memories... .

They say that over time, husbands and wives become more and more like each other. However, it seems that there is also a special kind of connection between good friends of many many years :o).