Friday 6 July 2007

Axe the Ex!

Ok, that title sounds quite violent, but I just like how it rhymes ;o). How many of you out there are still in contact with your ex-girlfriend(s) or ex-boyfriend(s) or ex-lover(s)? I'm talking about people whom you've shared an initmate relationship with but whom you do not share any kids with?

Hmm...maybe that question was not exactly what I wanted to ask. Ok, let me try again: how many of you out there are 100% ok about it if your partner is still in contact with his/her ex? I'm asking both males and females, since it is relevant for both genders.

I think it is save to say that there are 3 kinds of people; those who are 100% ok about it, those who are 100% not ok about it, and those who are ok about it to some extent. I'm the type who is ok about it to some (small) extent... . It depends on who, where, when, why and how often.

Martin's ex-girlfriend (XGF) happens to be one of Yellow Goddess' friends. Their relationship didn't work out (obviously, since I'm the one who's now married to him) after about 1-1½ years. Their relationship ended many donkey years ago, and they are not in contact with each other anymore.

There was a time, when a huge combined 30th birthday party for Martin and Bil was being planned. It was to be held at the party room at our estate, and needless to say, XGF was amongst the guests on Bil's list.

Now, to make things a little more complicated, Martin's ex-lover (XL) is also one of Yellow Goddess' friends (yes, he was a very naughty rabbit indeed). Needless to say, XL (this abbreviation is actually a good one for her since she is kinda chubby) was also amongst the guests on Bil's list.

Call me whatever you want, but having my hubby's XGF and XL at his 30th birthday party in our party room was SO not okay with me. In fact, I didn't even understand why they had to be on the list, since they were Yellow Goddess' friends and we were not at all throwing a party for her.

IF, however, Bil and co. were throwing their own party in their own home and have XGF and XL as their guests, then I'm not going to make a big deal about it since I won't be in any position to say anything except to accept or reject their Golden invitation to us (if we should be so lucky to get one, that is).

So yeah, that's pretty much what I mean when I say that "I'm the type who is ok about it to some (small) extent... . It depends on who, where, when, why and how often."

Actually, to be fair, after meeting XGF briefly the 2nd time, she does seem to be a very pleasant and polite person. I'm just not sure how her friendship with Yellow Goddess works then, since she had told Martin before when they were together that she thought Yellow Goddess was rather spoilt. I mean, if even your best friend can think that about you, then something is really wrong... .

I can't really say anything nice about XL, though. She had been smittened with Martin for some time in the past, and had even sent him a partially naked side profile picture of herself to him by email while he was my fiancé!!! It wasn't even done innocently, since she knew that he was engaged with someone. Talk about a desperate woman. Loose women like her, I have absolutely no respect for. Especially since she and XGF are so-called "friends" too (of course, if XGF didn't mind that her friend XL tried to seduce her boyfriend after they broke up, then it's all good and dandy).

Anyway, Bil apparently thinks that it is very strange that "Sheila doesn't allow Martin to see his ex-girlfriend." Well, Bil, would Yellow Goddess allow you to see and party with yours?

Bil's first Asian (Korean) girlfriend


Good thing she's now living in Dubai, otherwise she'll be on our party guest list too ;o).

UPDATE! (13 July 2007)
It turns out that a colleague of mine knows who Bil's ex-girlfriend is! What a small, small, world indeed. Seems that she is back in Denmark now, and her dad lives just 5 mins away from Bil and Yellow Goddess. Very cosy... .