Sunday 29 July 2007

Kayak

Did you know that the word "kayak" can be spelt backwards too ;o)?

Martin and I went kayaking yesterday at Roskilde Fjord with some friends. It was one of the summer time activities being organised to learn more about Denmark's culture and history, and kakaying is quite a popular sport here.

We had 3 hours of both kayaking and a ride on the banana boat, and then a quick grill later before the rain came. Actually, I didn't dare take the ride on the banana boat because I was afraid of falling into the super cold water. You'll see what I mean on the Youtube clip later.

Anyway, less talk, more photos!


Just arrived at Roskilde Fjord


Martin was the first to start kayaking


Me in my "sexy" wetsuit and my yellow kayak


Ok, this one had been photoshopped. I don't have one of me in the water, so I took a picture of me on land, and then added it onto the water background... .


Martin and Junior


Claus, Junior and Martin on the banana boat


All 3 falling off and climbing back on


Martin in front this time


Others from our group


Typical Danish cold summer


Grill master, Junior


Can't talk, eating


Martin (left) going on his 10th round ;o)


More eating


No paper plates for me since they kept flying off in the wind


And here comes the Youtube video of the banana boat experience... .