Saturday 7 July 2007

Mud campers

The Roskilde music festival started last Thursday, and will end tomorrow. It is one of the biggest annual music festivals in the Nordics, and people who are into this kind of thing usually set up tents to sleep overnight on site so that they can watch the various local and international bands that perform there (mainly rock bands/artistes). Björk and Red Hot Chili Peppers will be performing this year; I have no idea who the rest are... .

Since it had been raining very heavily last Thursday, and a bit yesterday, the whole festival area including the camping site is covered with MUD! I'm talking about disgusting, eeky, squishy brown mud! You must be a really hardcore music fan to not mind living in mud tents during the festival!

I don't consider myself a camping type of girl, even when the sun is shining brightly outside. Maybe 1 day is ok, but I'll miss the civilisation pretty fast. Therefore it's really difficult for me to grasp how people can manage to camp in rain and mud for even 1 day. Check it out:




Would YOU mind living in such muddy conditions if it means getting to watch your favourite bands (plus having a beer and drugs party while at it)??? It's not even free - ticket costs 1,475 DKK this year (S$460, €200)! But yeah, I know a couple of people who are really hardcore enough to do this every year without fail. If I were one of those musicians performing, I'd be really proud to have fans like them... .


Roskilde seems to be a really muddy place to live in indeed. I would definitely not want to take my fancy boots there... .