Monday 2 July 2007

"Pretty in purple"

Erm...I'm a little confused here... . Bil had put up this picture online (click the link to see as I don't want to steal his picture) with the title "Purple" and description "Pretty in purple" as below:

So what am I confused about? Well...the thing is, I thought Martin and I got a nephew, but it seems like we got a niece instead? I mean, sure - purple is for boys too and babies don't especially care what the colour of their clothes are, but "pretty"? When you say "pretty", I associate it with a female, as what most would do.

"Pretty girl" would give me a positive image in my mind...




"Handsome boy" would also give me a positive image in my mind...



But "pretty boy"....well, that gives me this:


Anyway, if it's a nephew we have, then I don't hope he's going to be metrosexualised... . At least not so early in his life. I mean, give him the chance to be a real boy first so that he can see what he prefers to be finally later on in life, can?