Friday 24 August 2007

10 things I DON'T like about Denmark

There are always 2 sides to the same coin, aren't there? Today, it's time to flip this coin and take a look at the 10 things I don't like about Denmark... .

So here goes....and again, in no particular order:

01. The mountains. Oh, I can't STAND those mountains! Blocking my view on almost everything!

02. Very long opening hours of shops. I mean, these Danes just work non-stop on weekdays AND weekends AND public holidays that it puts us Singaporeans to shame! Those poor shop assistants... .

03. Low income tax of only 50%-60%. We work so hard, and all the government wants is just some small change to take care of those who choose not to contribute??? How is this society going to survive then?

04. Low VAT (or GST, as it is known in Singapore) of just 25%! I mean, they might as well give us the things we buy for free!

05. Too many summer months - I want snow, snow, and MORE snow!

06. Cheap and efficient public transportation. I don't like that because it means that some chauffeurs are not getting paid enough and are under too much stress to keep things running smoothly and on time. They can't even go on strike to demand better conditions!

07. The beautiful Danish language is just too sexy for my liking. Guys might get the wrong idea that I'm flirting with them when I speak this extremely sexy language.

08. Cheap taxis during weekdays, and even cheaper taxis during the weekends. With an extremely low flag down fare of 50 DKK (S$13) on Fridays and Saturdays, no wonder it's so difficult to catch a cab during the weekends after a night out of partying... . Danes are just cutting the queues to grab these cabs!

09. Danes are extremely committed workers...especially those getting paid by the hour. I mean, they don't EVER take coffee/cigerette breaks when on the job, that it makes you feel so bad not to be able to pay them MORE than what they are getting already... .

10. The government is too welcoming to foreigners who want to live here, work here, and contribute to this society... . I mean, that's not really fair for those foreigners who want to live here, collect social benefits and basically just take up space, is it?


Ok, ok...Danes will know that I'm being rather sarcastic in this post... . Hope the rest of you get it too!