Wednesday 8 August 2007

Official member of the 30's club!

*** Warning - this post is going to be all about ME....since it is MY DAY!!! So read at your own risk ;o).***

Ah yes...the day has finally come for me to leave my 20's and enter into my 4th decade on this planet. I must say that I still feel the same, so I guess that is a good sign ;o). In fact, a colleague of mine told me that 30 is a good age for a woman because at this age, she is "mature, sexy and confident"!

I think I'll stop celebrating my birthday after this one, though, so that I can remain 30 forever :o). Who needs to be reminded that I am in my 4th decade now anyway, right ;o)? Good thing Asian girls look young at ANY age...well, almost any age... .

Martin and I went to a French restaurant close to my office to celebrate. The food was quite good, even though there wasn't much to choose from in the menu... . By that, I mean there was really not much to choose from... . The drinks menu had a much longer list than the food selection! There was only a set menu for minimum 2 people, whereby you could not choose the starter since there was just 1 kind, you could choose between 3 kinds of main courses (but we had to have the same as each other's), and you could choose either cheese or the "dessert of the day" for dessert (and I seriously don't think cheese should be classified under "dessert". Who on earth came up with that?!?)

Made it easier for us to choose indeed, since we just needed to crack our heads about the main course ;o). I guess it makes it less stressful for the chef too. The service was really good though - very friendly staff (and no, I don't think they were friendly just because it was my birthday ;o)).

After dinner, we walked down by the lakes to the cinema to watch The Simpsons Movie. It had its funny moments, but let's just say that I would not have paid for it if I could rewind that part of my past... . I don't know....maybe I had expected a bit too much due to all the hype about it.

But ok, Cindy - I promise to take the words on your blog more seriously next time, ok ;oP?

Oh my goodness! Had just gone to Cindy's blog to link one of her posts here when I saw this!

Am very touched indeed that a busy mummy like her would remember my birthday :o). But ok, she's also a few months younger than me so her memory is still good ;o). Thank you Cindy and Caitlyn dearies for your well-wishes!!!

Anyways...here's a trip down my memory lane (yes, now it's really going to be all about me!)... .

In my 1st decade (0-9 years)

Giving attitude


Calling long-distance to Martin?


Testing out the water-bed.


In my 2nd decade (10 - 19 years)


Don't laugh! It does get better ;oP!


Cheerleader during sports season in final high school year. My goodness, I was really skinny back then, wasn't I?


Yeah...the 80's fashion which every body wants to forget but unfortunately seems to be back.


Getting more lady-like...no?



Fun in Malaysia


Striking my pose


My 3rd decade (20 - 29 years)













So, do you think I can still pass off as a 20 year old??? Ok, maybe that's too young... . How about a 23 year old then??? Oh come on! Ok, whoever doesn't think so will be banned from my blog...hahaha... . No, just kidding ;oP. The most important thing is to be young at heart and wise in the head ;o).


Anyway...if you read this looooong post to the very last full-stop, then it must mean that you like me ;o).



***End note***
I was chatting recently on MSN to a good and long time friend of mine who told me that it was depressing to read the part on my last post which said "maybe life really does begin at 30...and then goes downhill after 33??? For a guy, of course". You see, it's because he's 33 ;o). Well Lasse, my dear - don't worry, ok - I SO did not mean you - you're still young, handsome, macho, and anything else that's good enough to stop you from hacking my blog... ;oP.