Wednesday 15 August 2007

Keep your filthy hands off me!

Was on the bus home today when a guy with a big, black, laptop-looking bag asked to sit on the empty window seat next to me. I normally like sitting next to the window, but not today since the condensation from the air-con was dripping heavily on that seat.

Anyway...once he sat himself down, he started to read some notes from a big file of his. Nothing strange about that....but what I thought was strange was the fact that he had one hand under his big, black bag....and that hand happened to be the hand next to me (ie, his right hand).

My first instinct was to make sure that my handbag on my lap was zipped up. I mean, just in case he was a pickpocket or something (I had someone trying to pickpocket me on the bus once, but I foiled his plans....muahahaha).

Well, soon enough, he started fidgeting a bit. He closed up his file because the dripping water was wetting his notes, but he was still moving the hand under his bag in a suspicious manner. I thought "He had better not be playing with his *beep* next to me!" That'll be so gross... .

Then suddenly, I felt a touch on my left thigh! At first, I thought "Nah...must be an accident, since he was fidgeting so much," but then, I felt it again, so I carefully looked down and saw that his filthy hand was slowly reaching out to caress my delicate thigh! Good thing I was wearing pants, so that I didn't have to feel his disgusting skin!

I immediately moved some centimetres away from him in my seat, crossed my left leg over my right leg, placed my plastic bag and umbrella between us, and made it known that I was watching that straying hand... .

Ha! He got the message and removed his hand from under his bag to make it visible....then he got off at the next stop. What a pervert! Guys like him should be BANNED from public transportation! No wait, guys like him should be banned from public PLACES!

I really wish that my legs could emit electric shocks at will. That would teach him real good not to touch my leg!

It was actually the first time in 10 years that I experienced something like that in the bus here in Denmark... . It happens quite a lot in Singapore public buses (mostly by foreign construction workers from eg. Bangladesh), but here in Denmark....nada. Until today, that is. Then again, he wasn't Danish-looking. More like someone from the Middle-East.

Anyway...the first thing I did when I arrived home, was to take a nice, warm, cleansing shower to get rid of the filth. Am therefore certified clean again :o).